Paul Hastings is a leading international law firm that provides innovative legal solutions to many of the world's top financial institutions and Fortune Global 500 companies. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., we have the global reach and extensive capabilities to provide personalized service wherever our clients’ needs take us. As one of the world’s leading law firms, we seek dynamic individuals who share our commitment to service, innovation, and professional growth.
We have an opening for a Practice Innovation & Knowledge Attorney.
The Practice Innovation & Knowledge Attorney manages development of and access to core practice content, process improvement and promotion of practice tools for practitioners in the Firm’s Investigations and White Collar Defense practice area and potentially other assigned practice areas (the “assigned practice area”).
In this capacity, the Practice Innovation & Knowledge Attorney will:
- Assess the practice area’s knowledge needs, define and implement a plan to meet those needs; Identify practice pain-points and use cases for legal technology tools, and recommend solutions; Develop and facilitate administration of pilot plans or proofs of concept, communicate and drive adoption around launch of new solutions;
- In coordination with practice area lawyers, draft, update and manage standard forms, internal memoranda on practice legal issues, and practice process checklists;
- Collect and contribute content to internal knowledge systems, and curate knowledge collections for practices, including work product precedent and matter metadata;
- Monitor and share with practitioners recent, relevant legal developments and current market practice developments and trends;
- Provide direct support to individual practitioners to assist them with locating practice-related internal and external knowledge resources;
- Initiate and coordinate legal knowledge projects, technologies and systems in the assigned practice areas;
- Identify practice-related training needs and coordinate with attorneys, Talent Development and Business Development to organize, design and deliver relevant training; Provide regular training on knowledge resources and innovative technology solutions to practice area lawyers and paralegals;
- Coordinate with peers in other practice areas to exchange best practices in knowledge resources developed by each area;
- Collaborate with colleagues across Practice Innovation Department to promote and support Department-wide initiatives, which include legal project management, deployment of alternative timekeepers, and legal research capabilities;
- Work beyond scheduled hours as necessary and travel as required;
- Be a source of legal, market and practical expertise, including in the area of legal innovation; and
- Handle additional related projects as necessary.
The Practice Innovation & Knowledge Attorney will not perform client legal work.
- Experience practicing law in the investigations and/or white collar defense space (preferred);
- Experience with knowledge management and / or legal innovation practices (preferred);
- Expert legal knowledge and practice skills in the assigned practice areas;
- Expert knowledge of the workflows and the core needs of lawyers in the assigned practice areas;
- Expert proficiency in the English language, including punctuation, spelling, grammar and writing skills;
- Familiarity with legal innovation and legal technology ecosystem;
- Proficiency in training skills and best practices;
- Advanced proficiency in researching and drafting legal documents and content, such as transactional documents, legal memoranda, pleadings, and/or motions;
- Advanced proficiency in legal research techniques, online research and legal research databases;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Advanced knowledge of Inter/Intra/Extranet technologies, particularly for legal-specific uses (portals);
- Advanced proficiency in document management search functionality and systems;
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory;
- Familiarity with change management theory preferred;
- Advanced knowledge of business practices and philosophies; and
- Proficiency with learning and adapting to new technologies.
- Law degree and current bar admission or equivalent in the jurisdiction of the Firm office (required);
- At least 5 years of law firm practitioner experience in the assigned area of law (preferred); and
- Experience with knowledge management and / or legal innovation practices preferred.
Employees will be provided with an excellent career opportunity in a collaborative environment, in addition to a generous total compensation package with the opportunity to earn bonuses based on individual contribution and firm profitability.
The salary wage range that we expect to pay for this position is a minimum of $178,300 and a maximum of $265,150 annually. The actual pay wage may vary based on experience or other relevant factors.
Eligible employees can participate in the Firm’s comprehensive benefits program, which include the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Long Term Care, and Short and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary 401k plan and profit sharing
- 10 paid holidays per year, and a generous PTO program
- Family Support including Paid Parental Leave and Fertility coverage
- Bright Horizons (Back-up child care, elder care and online tutoring)
- Dependent Care
- Wellness programs (Employee Assistance Program, mental health and well-being events)
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- Professional Development Programs
- Transportation Allowance and Commuter Benefits
- Auto/Home/Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- And more!
The Firm has a range of diversity initiatives including our Paul Hastings Affinity Networks (PHANs), Women’s Initiative, and PH Balanced. These initiatives provide a firmwide forum to share experiences, as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm more inclusive. Learn more about our Global Diversity, Inclusion and Wellness Initiatives here.
Paul Hastings LLP is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.