Paul Hastings is a leading international law firm that provides innovative legal solutions to many of the world's top financial institutions and Fortune Global 500 companies. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., we have the global reach and extensive capabilities to provide personalized service wherever our clients’ needs take us. As one of the world’s leading law firms, we seek dynamic individuals who share our commitment to service, innovation, and professional growth.
We have an opening for a Client and Practice Solutions Development Manager, which may sit in any of our U.S. offices.
The Client and Practice Solutions Development Manager will execute on the Firm's and Practice Innovation's strategy by leading the development, delivery and growth of custom client and practice solutions for the Firm.
In this capacity, the Client and Practice Solutions Development Manager will:
- Manage the portfolio of client and practice solution development efforts, including effectively implementing agile and iterative development processes and continuously evaluating prioritization of efforts;
- Manage the Client and Practice Solutions Development team; work with team on performance and goal setting; Guide, mentor and develop team members; Evaluate capabilities and needs of Client and Practice Solutions team and make recommendations for changes to maximize capabilities, including advocating for professional development for the team, staying abreast of new technologies and recommending changes to core technology and organizational processes;
- Work with Practice Innovation stakeholders and firm attorneys to identify opportunities for custom-built solutions that improve client services and legal practice. Once needs are identified, consult with Practice Innovation Attorneys, practice groups and client teams to understand business problems, evaluate processes and develop requirements for potential solutions;
- Evaluate potential solutions with respect to value, ROI, strategy and against the requirements and make recommendations accordingly;
- Work with Practice Innovation team to ensure the quality of developed solutions, including compelling user experiences, prototyping solutions and engineering appropriate solution design and architecture;
- Directly support and oversee all aspects of solution development using the firm's technologies, which include document assembly software, AI tools, collaboration platforms, business automation platforms and expert systems;
- Further develop and ensure adherence to best practices, including iterative development, requirements gathering, proper documentation, testing and verification, deployment, evaluation and adoption, and support and maintenance of both technical and substantive aspects of solutions;
- Coordinate and collaborate on initiatives with the Firm’s Information Technology Department to assess technical solutions, data integrations, security issues, quality assurance and operational/maintenance plans;
- Work with Practice Innovation Project Manager to ensure scope and timelines are managed for solution projects;
- Collaborate with peers across the Practice Innovation Department on content development, content maintenance and knowledge engineering processes to support solutions, where appropriate;
- Work with Practice Innovation peers to continuously monitor the practice solution portfolio, participate in evaluation of new technologies and work with Practice Innovation stakeholders to encourage evaluation of possible gaps, replacements and alternatives;
- Travel as required; and
- Handle additional related projects as assigned.
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the solution development lifecycle;
- Experience working with advanced technologies and expert systems and an appetite for exploring new products;
- Superb analytical skills and the ability to solve complex problems using logical reasoning;
- Project management and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and lead multiple projects with competing deadlines;
- Highly effective cross-functional team management;
- Knowledge of solution design principles, including human centered design and design thinking;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation and public speaking skills;
- Ability to distill and clearly articulate complex concepts to attorneys and staff at all levels of the organization and to adapt presentation and message to specific audiences;
- The ability to work as part of a collaborative team as well as independently and recognize when to seek guidance from teammates and leaders; and
- Receptiveness to feedback and coaching; growth mindset.
- 3-5 years’ experience leading or managing solution development efforts;
- 3-5 years’ in a management or supervisory role;
- 3-5 years’ experience working with automation technologies, expert systems platforms and machine learning/language analytics technologies;
- 5+ years’ experience working with stakeholders and translating needs and requirements into successful solutions;
- 5+ years’ work experience managing online and digital solution development, projects and processes, using Agile methodology;
- Law degree from an accredited law school a plus;
- Experience working in a law firm or legal department (or other professional services environments), preferably in a technology or process solutions-focused role is preferred; and
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Employees will be provided with an excellent career opportunity in a collaborative environment, in addition to a generous total compensation package with the opportunity to earn bonuses based on individual contribution and firm profitability.
Eligible employees can participate in the Firm’s comprehensive benefits program, which include the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Long Term Care, and Short and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary 401k plan and profit sharing
- 10 paid holidays per year, and a generous PTO program
- Family Support including Paid Parental Leave and Fertility coverage
- Bright Horizons (Back-up child care, elder care and online tutoring)
- Dependent Care
- Wellness programs (Employee Assistance Program, mental health and well-being events)
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- Professional Development Programs
- Transportation Allowance and Commuter Benefits
- Auto/Home/Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- And more!
The Firm has a range of diversity initiatives including our Paul Hastings Affinity Networks (PHANs), Women’s Initiative, and PH Balanced. These initiatives provide a firmwide forum to share experiences, as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm more inclusive. Learn more about our Global Diversity, Inclusion and Wellness Initiatives here.
Paul Hastings LLP is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees and partners, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offers of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.
Paul Hastings LLP is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.